Thursday, January 10, 2008

The democratic primary race was totally shaken today by the stunning announcement that John Kerry is endorsing Obama! Clinton's toast folks, this key endorsement will seal the race for Obama!

If you haven't noticed, I'm totally kidding. I mean really. Who on earth cares what John Kerry thinks about anything? He ran a campaign about almost nothing, except that he wasn't George Bush, and lost. For those who have forgotten, 62 million people voted for George Bush, slilghtly over 59 million people, 59,028,105 to be exact, voted AGAINST George Bush, and 4 people (John Kerry, his wife and kids) voted FOR John Kerry.

See http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/president/ for election results if you want to get depressed all over again.

Why anyone would think anyone cares what John Kerry thinks is beyond me. Please go away John. Or stay in the spotlight-- no one cares either way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I must disagree with your suggestion that no one voted for Kerry, and that people only voted against Bush. I think Kerry had quite a following, and the effect of his endorsement of Obama remains to be seen.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. That's what blogs and comments are for. I strongly believe Kerry managed to make almost no impression among any voter group, and merely served as an acceptable anti-Bush alternative. He managed to leave somewhat unclear his position on Iraq, which is amazing given the issue's import in the campaign.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you in part. I agree nobody cares about Kerry's endorsement. If anything, I"m thinking a Kerry endorsement hurts, not helps. I think if I'm running for office, I try to distance myself from Kerry. On the other hand, I read that Kerry still has a long mailing list, which I'm guessing could be used to drum up more support and more funds for Obama. The list might be the real value of the endorsement.
I also agree Kerry was the anti-GW candidate. And not a very good one. I don't remember people being too excited about him, just that he was the alternative to the evil empire.