Friday, October 24, 2008

My still active oil wager with Andrew.

Loyal readers will recall that I recently won my oil wager with Andrew in which I bet him a fancy dinner that oil prices would go below $80/barrel at some point before the end of this decade. Oil is well below $70 as of this writing, and I have now solidly won that wager.

In 2005, Andrew and I made a separate oil wager. Andrew bet me in 2005 that on the date of June 9, 2015 (10-years to the day after we made the bet), that oil will be higher than $75 in 2005 dollars. I have the low side, wagering that (adjusting for inflation) oil will be lower than $75 a barrel.

Well, as of this instant, I'm winning by more than $10 a barrel. I'm not exactly jumping for joy-- as of June I was losing in a rout.

This wager won't be decided until June 9, 2015, so you will all have to stay tuned to see who wins.

No comments: