Friday, October 10, 2008

I win.

In my post of April 16, 2008, oil was at $113 a barrel.I made a wager with Andrew. I wagered a fancy dinner that Oil would drop below $80 a barrel before 12/31/09. Oil dropped today below $80.Having said that, I won only because of the massive financial meltdown. Now unknown unknowns (to quote Donald Rumsfeld) were a huge part of why I made the bet. But this is one massive unknown unknown. If the markets recover and oil shoots well above $80 quickly and don't again return below $80 before 12/31/09, the win will have been slightly tainted. But I still win.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Like I told you previously, congratulations on winning your wager. Unfortunately, in this economy, the best anybody can probably afford for dinner is a $5 footlong at Subway. Enjoy!