Sunday, March 21, 2010

Glued to C-Span

I'm at work, earphones plugged into the computer, with C-Span on in the background.  Maybe that's an indication that I need help.  But I am SO into the upcoming health care vote.  I'm pretty confident that if it passes, both the Senate bill and the fixes, that it will get somewhat more popular with the public in the coming months and years.  There's just not much in it that hurts an ordinary voter.  There just isn't.  And when that sinks in, and when pre-existing conditions go the way of the dodo bird, it will likely become popular.  IF it passes.  And I'll be glued to C-Span.  I'm almost sorry I agreed to go out tonight; I likely won't be able to watch live as the final vote is cast.

1 comment:

Mikhail Silverwood said...

I'll give you a guarantee.

With Healthcare reform passed, it's now a matter of time before the reform take affect, say 6 months.

When we reach September, October, summer is over and now it is spring, just before the elections, it will be crucial to look at the stats.

If healthcare improves - premiums go down; waiting lists improve; the number of people dying needlessly because of the big companies is lower; etc - then Obama's popularity will shoot up and he'll ride that wave into 2011, saving himself from a midterm bloodbath, losing only a fraction of the vulnerable seats.