Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Those that are reading this may wonder, "why on earth did he call his blog 'flying pink unicorns.'" Here's why.

I talk politics and policy a lot with my friend Andrew. Andrew, you see, is just about always right. I can't count the number of times I've discussed an issue with someone and told them, "well, that's really my friend Andrew's idea." Anyway, I figured if I started a blog and of course gave credit to him when it was due I'd have the best of all worlds. I'd be fully honest in stating when an idea wasn't mine, my readers would think I was being falsely modest, and I'd get credit for his great ideas while having been totally honest!

So that's the backdrop. I've often said that Andrew is wrong about as often as one sees a flying pink unicorn. Well, when we discuss middle east policy, we do actually disagree now and again, and whenever he said something I thought was just totally wrong in an e-mail, I would respond, "well, I just looked outside my office window, and don't you know, a beautiful pink unicorn just flew by." Hence the name...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Dan,
First, congrats on your new blog. Power to the blog!
Second, love the prom analogy.
Third, Sassy! You know what I mean!
Who is the clever Andrew? Could we met?
Please check out my comments about the latest developments on the Presidential campaign. My comment is 103.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/26/oprah-set-to-campaign-for-obama/#comment-407458
Sorry to dissapoint you but your dear Al is already seeing someone else to go to the prom... Stick with Hillary. She is faithful, knows how to dance and might surprise you and everyone else the night of the prom.
Kudos to your blog!

B. Kelley said...

bah hum bug